Author Topic: Found Dog  (Read 4099 times)

Maxilu

• Palmer
on: August 26, 2015, 06:30:28 AM
So, there's a chance that I'll add a third dog to my pack in the near future.

My parent's spotted a small dog without a collar near a freeway onramp. By the time animal control arrived, Mom had fallen in love with him, and since Dad only likes animals he doesn't have to take care of, thought he needed to come to my house. The animal control lady said they have to hold him for five days in case his people contact them. After that he's up for adoption. Mom's pretty gung-ho about adding him to the family.

Also, if you or someone you know lost a little dog somewhere between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas, call the Juab County animal control. The best solution would be for him to find his people, but I'd give him a good home to.

Anyway, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but still prepare for the potential arrival of a new dog. And to that end, I've been trying to think of names. I want something geeky, and Sci Fi. I like Asimov, but I'm not sold on it. My sister suggested Thor, but, eh (as a side, she used to have a three-legged beagle named Legolas. Best dog name ever). My five year old nephew suggested Superman. My current dogs are Max and Lulu (I didn't name them, and tried to change Lulu's name to Leela. It didn't stick) if it makes a difference.

So, boy dog names for the science-fictionally inclined. And, GO!

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:37:53 AM
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:46:31 AM by adrianh »

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:59:09 AM
K-9 :D

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 07:28:34 PM

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:19:41 PM

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 02:47:12 AM

Maxilu

• Palmer
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 05:04:22 AM
Ah, thanks guys. The dog's people noticed he was missing, and retrieved him--he only had to spend one night in doggy jail. Best outcome all around.

Now to see if I can convince the dogs that I've had for 7 of their 12 years to change their names...

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 06:31:48 PM
Blood - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Boy_and_His_Dog

Whoa, an adaptation illustrated by Corben? He's a mediocre writer but I love his artwork, so having him illustrating the work of an author with real talent sounds perfect.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising