Author Topic: Help with Episode 108 -- iTunes  (Read 4697 times)

Andiceman

• Extern
on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:10 PM
Okay, this is probably not directly related to Escape Pod, but knowing how helpful Steve, along with the listeners, can be, I thought I'd post this query here.  I use iTunes to manage my podcasts, and usually go in once a week, download the new episodes and manually drag them to my iPod Nano (to listen to on my commute via an FM transmitter in the car).

My problem is this.  This week, for some reason, it isn't letting me drag EP108 to the iPod.  Same problem with couple of other podcasts (Come Let Me Whisper, for example).  EP107 copies over just fine.  Other podcasts I downloaded (Jack Palms II, for example) at the same time work fine.

In my attempt to resolve this I've downloaded the latest iTunes, restored my iPod to its original settings, cleared my library and recreated it from the files, etc.  No joy yet.  I can manually download EP108, add it to my library, and copy it to my iPod.  But this method doesn't list it in my "Podcast" library.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:26 PM
My solution also ends up with the file in the music library and not podcasts, but it's easier than downloading the file manually.

1) Highlight file
2) Click convert to MP3 (either in advanced menu or it comes up when you right click(ctrl click on a mac)
3) Delete podcast file
4) Drag new file in the music library to your nano

It happens every once in a while.  I don't know why.  I guess it's just gremlins.

Andiceman

• Extern
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:48 PM
That option is greyed out, unfortunately.  Weird.  I ended up deleting the files I was having a problem with and just dealing with them manually.  Maybe it's time to see if there is a third-party solution for managing podcasts that would work better for me.

slic

• Hipparch
  • Stephen Lumini
Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 03:22:59 AM
My solution to iTunes is not using it.

Try www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home
or www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod