Escape Artists

News:

• Get your 500 word fantasy stories ready! We'll be open for submissions through the month of March, and starting the voting sometime in early April. Full details on Podcastle's website

News

Get your 500 word fantasy stories ready! We'll be open for submissions through the month of March, and starting the voting sometime in early April. Full details on Podcastle's website

Author Topic: HorrorBabble - Classic Horror Stories on Youtube  (Read 242 times)

Marlboro

• Matross
on: January 27, 2021, 05:01:18 PM
I stumbled across this Youtube channel the other day and I thought I'd pass it along to Pseudopod listeners. All of the stories are of the old-fashioned variety (Poe, Lovecraft, M.R. James, and various Weird Tales authors) so they may not be for for everyone. It appears that it is always the same dude reading every story so you won't get the variety of voices that we get here.  He's a good reader though, and his voice fits the style of most of the stories.

I've only scratched the surface so far but I've found a couple of stories that I like. "Uneasy Lie the Drowned" by Donald Wandrei, "The Horror in the Hold" by Frank Belknap Long, and "The Human Chair" by Edogawa Ranpo are probably my three favorites of the dozen episodes I've listened to so far.

Languorous Lass

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 05:00:34 AM
Nice!  Thanks for the heads-up, Marlboro.  I like falling asleep to audio stories, even horror stories, so I’ll definitely check out this channel.