Author Topic: Anthology Giveaway Promotion  (Read 5556 times)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
on: October 10, 2015, 02:10:47 AM
As part of the Flash Fiction Contest, we're giving away copies of several anthologies of short stories that have just come out this month.

1. She Walks in Shadows edited by Silvia Moreno Garcia and Paula R. Stiles. This book is available in print and digital formats now. We encourage you to head over to Innsmouth Free Press and purchase yourself a copy.

2. Whispers from the Abyss and Whispers from the Abyss 2 edited by Kat Rocha. This book is available in digital form now, and will be available in print in early 2016. We encourage you to head over to 01 Publishing and purchase yourself a copy.

3. The special issue of Nightmare magazine Queers Destroy Horror! edited by Wendy Wagner. This book is available in print and digital formats now. We encourage you to head over to Nightmare Magazine and purchase yourself a copy.

To enter to win a copy of any of these books, head over to our forums (you're in the right place), read the current entries in our flash fiction contest, vote for the stories you’d like to hear PseudoPod purchase and produce, and make at least one comment. Winners will be randomly selected from among the commenters.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 02:15:56 AM
In order to help combat fatigue, the first winner was selected from the posters in Group 10. Additional winners will be from groups 11+ and the semi-final groups.

Our first winner is Infested, who has selected a copy of Queers Destroy Horror! I really love the Caitlin Kiernan reprint Wendy picked for this. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:53:06 AM by Fenrix »

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:37:44 AM
Our second winner is dagny (from among Groups 11 to 13) and has Selected She Walks in Shadows. Since you are enjoying the flash here, Bring the Moon to Me is a nice powerful piece of flash there. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:51:00 AM by Fenrix »

dagny

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 07:13:18 PM
Yay! I'm so excited! :)

"Wolfman's got nards!"

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 11:46:51 PM
Our third winner is Tango Alpha Delta (from among Groups 14 to 16) and has selected Whispers from the Abyss. The A C Wise story "Chasing Sunset" is really stunning.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:00:07 AM by Fenrix »

benjaminjb

• Hipparch
Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 01:50:14 AM
I want Fenrix on speed dial, so when I'm at a bookstore, I can hear, "you might like this story in that book."

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 02:07:25 AM
I want Fenrix on speed dial, so when I'm at a bookstore, I can hear, "you might like this story in that book."

I can barely hold a candle to Shawn. He's got pages and pages of notes and spreadsheets. If you do goodreads, follow him. Holy crap.

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 11:05:18 PM
The fourth winner is Fireturtle (from among groups 17 and 18) and has selected Queers Destroy Horror! Don't skip the non-fiction articles. There's some really great gems in there, too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:40:43 PM by Fenrix »

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 04:33:23 PM
The fifth winner is Witchlander (from among groups 2A to 2C) and has Selected She Walks in Shadows. There's a bunch of stuff to break your heart in there, but take some optimism about the strength of families in Eight Seconds.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:49:42 PM by Fenrix »

Witchlander

• Peltast
Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 11:46:00 PM
The fifth winner is Witchlander (from among groups 2A to 2C). A private message has been sent.

Fantastic! Thanks so much. I've responded to the PM.

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 02:55:47 PM
The sixth winner is MCWagner (from among groups 2D to 2F) and has won Whispers from the Abyss. If you're feeling in the mood for humor, check out the sendup of Fear and Loathing that sends Hunter S. Thompson into Innsmouth to investigate odd donors to of Richard Nixon.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:50:20 PM by Fenrix »

MCWagner

• Wins
  • Hipparch
Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 02:56:03 AM
Yay!  PM response sent:  let me know if I screwed up the reply somehow...

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 03:51:04 PM
The seventh winner is benjaminjb, who won a copy of Whispers from the Abyss 2. If you enjoyed Venice is Burning, make sure to jump to the A C Wise story first.

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 02:56:11 PM
The eighth and final winner is SouthofNoNorth, who won a copy of Whispers from the Abyss 2. You can never go wrong with Orrin Grey. Labyrinth of Sleep is probably the first dream cycle story I've really enjoyed.

South of No North

• Matross
  • Oneironaut and Alchymist
Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 05:18:30 PM
This is great!  I can't wait to dig into this collection. (of course, taking interest in a good dream cycle story.)

"Yes, of course I can blame you. Without them, where would all of us outlaws be? What would we have? Only a lawless paradise...and paradise is a bore. Violence without violation is only noise heard by no one, the most horrendous sound in the universe." --The Chymist by Thomas Ligotti