Escape Artists
July 24, 2017, 11:37:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We're halfway through the first round of the Podcastle Flash Fiction contest. Groups 8-10 are currently taking votes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PseudoPod 459: Flash On The Borderlands XXVII: What’s The Matter With Kids Today  (Read 3234 times)
spiritualtramp
Extern

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »

Came here to say basically this. I was really getting into Darwinism until it took the bad science turn.
I think it's fair to say that the author is not endorsing the bad science; I mean the horror is that the main character is performing terrible "experiments" based on a complete ignorance of evolution, biology and the scientific method.

This.
Dwango
Peltast

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 03:08:45 PM »

Sorry, never intended to say the author was endorsing the science, as I thought he did it on purpose.  Throughout history, people have taken science an run off with half assed understanding in unintentional directions.  From entropy being over construed to end of the earth theories to the internet being a series of tubes, popular culture has regularly abused scientific theory to push political and personal agendas.  This story is that creepy borderland of how far you can twist a theory to your own evil purposes, which gives me the shivers.
Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 11:20:29 PM »

Yes, first time posters aren't allowed to post links (anti-spam)
Here's the link though! http://www.fringefestival.org/2017/show/?id=20171227

I would totally go to this if I were in the area. I'd love to see this in a play!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?
oncomingtrain
Extern

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 11:35:45 PM »

Thanks, Brian! Reposting to include that link.

Wanted to alert Pseudopod fans in the American Midwest that the story The Last Bombardment from Pseudopod episode #459 has been developed into horror theater, performing at the Minnesota Fringe Festival August 3-13. We'd love to see you there.

http://www.fringefestival.org/2017/show/?id=20171227
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:24:19 AM by oncomingtrain » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: