Author Topic: Here goes nothing.  (Read 4680 times)

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
on: June 13, 2007, 03:20:06 AM
Well, what to say. I'm writing (along with three others) a webisodic series (web distribution + episodic) that will at least start getting shot in the next few weeks. I considered posting about it earlier, but we've finally tied down actors to dates to shoot, so I guess it really will happen. Possibly. Hopefully. Actors, well, Actors. College ones during summer break at that. And it's fantasy, so I was originally going to post it once the fantasy podcast had stared, but, well...

Anyway, though there are other writers, one of them is really more going to be more of a producer/actor than writer, the other is going to be a bit more editing focused than writing, so in reality it's me and Blake. Though at this point I've clacked more keys, but that'll be even after we lock down a few more parts of the characters backstory and the first plot arc.

Oh, right. What it's about. The main character is circa 17-20 and is in the process of coming out as gay (Bi?). But the series doesn't follow the main character so much as his morals, namely the Angel and Devil in his head, which are the R2 and C-3PO to the main character's plot (bumbling, constant arguments, commenting on action they're mostly outside of).

The backstory for the Angel and Devil is that they really tore it up back during the BC's, but lost their touch at some point and were, well, fired and banished from the Earth to Heaven and Hell, which they both find incredibly boring.
Devil
Well, Earth sure beats Hell all Hallow.

ANGEL
Heaven too. Too Mephistopheles-dammed boring.

DEVIL
Lakes of fire and ash, omnipresent heat and soot. And fucking bored imps with little pitchforks being swung blind and blackening through the air.

ANGEL
Choral Music. Choirs of angels and harps everywhere you go. Every day. Every minute. Forever. You get Rock and Roll.

DEVIL
Eh, tie?

ANGEL
Sure.

I'll talk more about it later. It's basically being shot on stuff that's being begged and borrowed. Everyone's a student.

Now I need to stop procrastinating and get back to finishing up the pilot script for the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 03:27:05 AM by Heradel »

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.