Escape Artists
July 17, 2019, 01:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The final group of the Podcastle Flash Fiction contest is live! Voting lasts through July 13th.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any 2013-15 sci-fi movies to recommend?  (Read 5746 times)
BraxLimbo
Palmer

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 02:10:51 AM »

Just to add to the list, Chappie. Directed by Neill Blomkamp of District 9 fame. Another A.I film asking the moral questions. There seem to be a few of these recently, my favourite has to be Ex Machina as already mentioned in this thread. I have watched that 3 times already. I prefer the quieter, non action filled, story driven sci fi films like that and for another example, Moon, which is an absolute favourite for me. Coherence is also a good watch, again mentioned earlier but thought I'd put a recommendation for that too.

Watched Chappie a few days after it went out in the cinema. It was really good for me. Kinda reminded me of I, Robot. Only because the intensity of the character of Chappie towards humans is almost the same as the AI in I, Robot.

I actually haven't seen Ex Machina yet but I do have a copy of it already. So when I get the time, I'd definitely watch it.
BraxLimbo
Palmer

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 02:14:02 AM »

Err... Dare I suggest The Force Awakens?

(We can argue over whether it's sci-fi later)

The best thing about Edge of Tomorrow is seeing Tom Cruise get shot over and over and over...

Oh, and if you liked Moon, have you seen Source Code? Absolutely fantastic follow up -- damn that guy is a talented director.

It feels wrong but I'm not actually a fan of Star Wars. LOL I've seen the franchise, but only once each movie and it didn't just stick in me like some other movies did.

I've seen Source Code and that was a really great movie. Loved the concept. Loved how they made it work. Love the film. Been recommending it to friends looking for Sci-fi films as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: