Author Topic: 1st Episode of The Great Beyond Podcast  (Read 4288 times)

AmoryLowe

• Extern
on: June 17, 2007, 01:25:32 PM
Not sure how many of you on the forums have seen me posting about this, so here's a reintroduction.

My name is Amory Lowe. I've just started up a fiction podcast that takes submissions and pays the authors. As of today the first episode is up.

I post here in hopes that somebody will download and check it out and leave comments on it.

The website is

thegreatbeyond.libsyn.com

also, just for a teaser, the first story is "The Dope Fiend" by Lavie Tidhar, originally published on www.scifi.com/scifiction, and actually was the very last story published by them. Hope you guys check it out, and if you do, hope you enjoy it.

Mr. Tweedy

• Lochage
  • I am a sloth.
    • Free Mode
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 04:39:24 PM
I'm subscribed in my iTune and it's downloading now.

Hear my very very short story on The Drabblecast!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:57:28 AM
oo nice! another paying podcast!  i really hope this idea spreads more, its a great idea and an awesome way to introduce people to some great fiction.
ill check out the cast!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Leon Kensington

• Matross
  • Supreme Overlord of Earth
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:55:30 PM
It is in my aggregator right...now.

Mr. Tweedy

• Lochage
  • I am a sloth.
    • Free Mode
Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 02:39:40 PM
I just finished listening to episode 6 of The Great Beyond.  I think it's got a lot of potential, and I'll definitely stick around for episode 7.

The stories so far have been a bit more ...um... vulgar than I like, but the sweet poetic justice of "Marbles" (the second story) is highly satisfying.  I smiled at my desk as I realized what was going to happen.  It's nice to see characters get exactly what they deserve.

Anyway, this is my plug: I think The Great Beyond is worth a listen, and kudos to Amory Lowe for acting out his ambition.

Hear my very very short story on The Drabblecast!