Author Topic: Trying to remember a story...  (Read 2282 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
on: November 29, 2015, 09:55:20 PM
Hey all. I've had a query from a listener trying to remember a story she heard:

"I was listening to a podcast - I think it was one of yours - and I was writing down a line from the story when my iPhone bricked itself. Utterly. Had to get a new one, reinstall blah blah.

So now I have this fragment: 'Some debts are always' - only it was in the context of debts never being able to be repaid, of (for example) someone doing you a kindness for which no payment will ever be enough but also for which no payment was ever asked."

She says it might not be an EA story, but I figured I'd try here anyway :)

adrianh

• Hipparch
    • quietstars
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:32:50 AM
Hey all. I've had a query from a listener trying to remember a story she heard:

"I was listening to a podcast - I think it was one of yours - and I was writing down a line from the story when my iPhone bricked itself. Utterly. Had to get a new one, reinstall blah blah.

So now I have this fragment: 'Some debts are always' - only it was in the context of debts never being able to be repaid, of (for example) someone doing you a kindness for which no payment will ever be enough but also for which no payment was ever asked."

She says it might not be an EA story, but I figured I'd try here anyway :)

There was the line in Old Foss Is The Name Of His Cat that was along those lines — about the debt Foss owed the Old Man for taking him in as a kitten.