Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 7989 times)

BraxLimbo

• Palmer
on: December 14, 2015, 06:26:16 AM
It's so epic. I need that game now. Have you seen the trailer yet? So excited!  ;D

eytanz

Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:02:11 AM
I'm looking forward to it too - my main problem is that FFVII was such a formative experience for me growing up that a lot of the details of the game are etched in my memory. I'm not sure I want to replay it and potentially be disappointed by what, for teenage me, was the perfect game.

BraxLimbo

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:46:13 AM
I'm looking forward to it too - my main problem is that FFVII was such a formative experience for me growing up that a lot of the details of the game are etched in my memory. I'm not sure I want to replay it and potentially be disappointed by what, for teenage me, was the perfect game.

The original would always be the best that's why remakes could have the potential to disappoint us. But I'm just happy that Cloud's crossdressing scene would make it to the remake. If otherwise, I'd be completely disappointed LOL

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:21:21 PM
I think FF7 is overrated. If you disregard that it was the first of the series to be 3d-rendered on next-gen consoles, then it's only so-so. I didn't care much for the story, and I hated the materia system.

[edit]
I was a big fan of Tifa's breasts though. Still am.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:54:57 PM by stePH »

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:46:32 PM
Oh by the way:

http://megaranmusic.com/album/black-materia-final-fantasy-vii

Black Materia: Final Fantasy VII, a hip hop joint by Mega Ran and Lost Perception.

Free ("name your price") download.

BraxLimbo

• Palmer
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 04:19:32 AM
I think FF7 is overrated. If you disregard that it was the first of the series to be 3d-rendered on next-gen consoles, then it's only so-so. I didn't care much for the story, and I hated the materia system.

[edit]
I was a big fan of Tifa's breasts though. Still am.  ;D

I'm actually more of the FF9 fan. Then FF8 and then FF7 (if we're only talking about the 3D Final Fantasy parts, the 2D parts were so much better).

We'll have to look forward to Tifa on the remake then XD

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 06:30:03 AM
I see 9 is on iOS, though it's 21 dollars. I have 3 thru 6 on Android (as well as Tactics, Dimensions, and 4: The After Years), but haven't finished 3 yet.
I got most of those when they were on sale; most cost about 16 fish normally. I'll have to keep watch for a discounted 9. And I wonder if 8 will be coming to mobile?

eytanz

Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 06:39:38 AM
I've been playing 9 on iOS, it's pretty cool. I really, really wanted to play it when it first came out 15 years ago, but I was a student and too poor to afford a playstation...

BraxLimbo

• Palmer
Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 08:25:42 AM
I see 9 is on iOS, though it's 21 dollars. I have 3 thru 6 on Android (as well as Tactics, Dimensions, and 4: The After Years), but haven't finished 3 yet.
I got most of those when they were on sale; most cost about 16 fish normally. I'll have to keep watch for a discounted 9. And I wonder if 8 will be coming to mobile?

Saw that! But I'm still torn to whether pay for it. I know I want it but once I realized I have paid 20 dollars, it would break my heart.  :'(