Author Topic: Mobile view  (Read 1775 times)

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
on: January 10, 2016, 12:53:40 PM
I don't know if this was brought up before, but I'll bring it up now. (If it was brought up then some hardworking and underappreciated mod can splice this in where it belongs, and will forever have my thanks and appreciation).

What with one thing and another, most of my leisure internet time is done on my phone. (I wish I could count EA as non-leisure time, but we can't all be Alasdair). And I noticed that the main site(s)(and the forums) are not exactly mobile friendly.
The EP site at least, is WordPress, so it is very easy to accommodate (install a theme and add about three lines of PHP code for conditional settings or add a plugin to do it for you). I know that PHPBB forums also have a mobile view, but I don't know about SMF.
In addition to making our life more pleasant, Google now ranks mobile pages higher than other pages from mobile search (all other criteria being equal).

So, my question is, could we get a mobile view? Is the reason we don't have mobile view because there isn't time? If that's the case, can I help?

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!