Cast of Wonders > Young Adult Lit discussion

What is your favorite YA book?

(1/10) > >>

danooli:
While Harry Potter and his friends are certainly giants in the YA fiction world, there's plenty more to love!

What are your favorite books, series, and/or stories?

Alasdair5000:
This last year I really enjoyed The 5th Wave and Zeroboxer. 5th Wave's movie adaptation is coming in a few months and the trailer looks pretty good. Especially as it doesn't blow, from what I remember, any of the major reveals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmxLybfGNC4

All time favorites? John Christopher's magnificently grim Tripods series and Archer's Goon by Diana Wynne Jones. The first remains one of the best bits of post apocalyptic fiction I've ever read and the second is just flat out weird and magnificent:)

alexisonpaper:
I've always loved/reread/fondled adoringly Garth Nix's The Old Kingdom series. Haven't read the newest yet but it's on my TBR list.
The plot may not always make a ton of sense, but I love the magic system and super identified with Lirael as a young girl.

Haven't heard of any of the ones Alisdair mentioned, which means I must have some catching up to do! :)

danooli:
One that I've been reading with my nephew, and on the recommendation of kibitzer, is the Cherub series by Robert Muchamore. It's about a secret program in Great Britain that recruits kids and trains them as spies. It's a lot of fun. Sort of as if Harry Potter had gotten a spy kit instead of a Hogwarts letter...

danooli:

--- Quote from: alexisonpaper on January 10, 2016, 11:36:45 PM ---I've always loved/reread/fondled adoringly Garth Nix's The Old Kingdom series. Haven't read the newest yet but it's on my TBR list.
The plot may not always make a ton of sense, but I love the magic system and super identified with Lirael as a young girl.

Haven't heard of any of the ones Alisdair mentioned, which means I must have some catching up to do! :)

--- End quote ---

I love the Garth Nix stuff that's been on PodCastle! Sir Hereward and Mr. Fitz Go To War Again was fantastic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version