Escape Artists
December 18, 2017, 11:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favorite YA book?  (Read 13440 times)
stePH
Actually has enough cowbell.
Hipparch

Cool story, bro!

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2016, 03:36:11 PM »

Maybe Bane is a weasel? I'll watch for him when I read the series.

The name is Bane and I march with my sixty-odd weasels on the woods
Doing evil for the good of my people with the goods

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising
Devoted135
Hipparch

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 04:01:36 PM »

I got curious and looked him up. He's a fox who actually has a connection to Verdauga, a wildcat. Both appear in Mossflower, which is the second book (and one of my favorites).
BraxLimbo
Palmer

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 02:26:04 AM »

Has anyone read the Miss Peregrine series by Ransom Riggs? It's considered YA right? And excited for the movie even with the issue with Emma's peculiarity.
lowky
Hipparch

from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 03:19:59 PM »

Has anyone read the Miss Peregrine series by Ransom Riggs? It's considered YA right? And excited for the movie even with the issue with Emma's peculiarity.

I read the whole series, and emma's peculiarity about took me out of the movie trailer.

Tango Alpha Delta
Hipparch

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »

I had to go look this up (thanks, Internet!), but I remember loving this series when I was a kid:

The Spaceship Under the Apple Tree, by Louis Slobodkin

Now I need to go re-read them to see how a 1962 book that I read in 1979 holds up in 2016...

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!
lowky
Hipparch

from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 02:16:29 AM »

almost forgot about the Tom Swift and Tom Swift, jr books.  Sci-fi and adventure, kind of along the lines of Johnny Quest cartoon.

SpareInch
Hipparch

Will there be sugar after the rebellion?

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 03:52:49 AM »

Hey, do they have to be Spec-Fic YA books? If not, then I have fond memories of Robert Westall's The Machine Gunners. Rather than try to write one of my clumsy synopses, I'll just link to the Wikipedia page.

I remember this best for the BBC TV adaptation in the '80s, (That scene where Rudy turns himself in and tries to mediate between the kids and the Home Guard, and Chaz pulls the trigger... Still makes me shiver.) but I also read the book later, and a few years ago ny nephew read it for his school English class, so it is evidently still around.

And if books here do have to be speculative, I also remember reading a short ghost story by the same author and featuring the same protagonist called The Haunting of Chaz Mgill
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:54:35 AM by SpareInch » Logged

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW
Witchlander
Peltast

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 10:26:37 PM »

Trying to get it read before the movie comes out. I'm about halfway through and liking it so far.
danooli

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2016, 06:29:12 AM »

I've read the first, and did like it. I should get the next one...
ramonvine
Extern

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »

I love both Harry Potter and Percy Jackson series. I also tried Miss Peregrine's Home of Peculiar Children but the 3rd book is awful.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: