Escape Artists
October 20, 2017, 08:06:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Group TWELVE (what?!) of the PseudoPod Flash Fiction Contest is now live! (All round 1 groups have been posted!)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Escape Pod Flash Fiction Contest 2016 - Submission Rules  (Read 12571 times)
Thunderscreech
Matross

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »

Has the first set of stories been posted yet?  I am not on here much so I don't know where to look.
Last I heard, the initial target is first week of March so...  holy butts, that's right around the corner!
eytanz

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2016, 10:57:55 AM »

We may or may not allow minor typo corrections if those slip in

Is this still an option? Just found a typo, and it's really bothering me.

It is. Please email me at eytan@escapeartists.net with the title of your story and the intended correction (please don't attach a whole new version of the story).

As for the stories - the first round will be posted on 1 March. I was going to post a full schedule earlier this week but real life intervened - it'll be up later today or tomorrow.
danooli

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »

Has the first set of stories been posted yet?  I am not on here much so I don't know where to look.
The contest is set to start on Tuesday, March 1st. The first group should be posted then. It will be in this subforum.
Jec
Palmer

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2016, 04:34:50 PM »

The contest is set to start on Tuesday, March 1st. The first group should be posted then. It will be in this subforum.
Ok. Thank you.
nikolop
Peltast

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »

Hi, everyone.

So we vote for 0-3 stories in each group, right?
danooli

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »

Hi, everyone.

Howdy Smiley That is indeed correct. Welcome!
nikolop
Peltast

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2016, 09:21:45 AM »

Hi, everyone.

Howdy Smiley That is indeed correct. Welcome!
Thanks! Smiley
mchertock
Extern

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »

I'm new to this messaging board, and I'm trying to participate in commenting on the Escape Pod fiction contest. But every time I click on the links to the sets of stories, I get an error message saying: "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." How do I get access to read the stories?

Thanks!
SpareInch
Hipparch

Will there be sugar after the rebellion?

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2016, 11:36:24 PM »

I'm new to this messaging board, and I'm trying to participate in commenting on the Escape Pod fiction contest. But every time I click on the links to the sets of stories, I get an error message saying: "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." How do I get access to read the stories?

Thanks!

Have you tried again since posting this?

I don't work for EA, so I don't know the  mechanics of it, but they like everyone to have at least 1 post to their names. Not because they hate honest lurkers, but because of the risk of an account with no posts to its name suddenly filling the forum with adverts for penis enlargers.

Try again now that you've posted once, and see if that works. Smiley

Fresh slush - Shot this morning in the Vale of COW
Tango Alpha Delta
Hipparch

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2016, 09:52:42 AM »

I assume the answer to this question is "No," but...

I know we submitted these "as is" for the voting, but if a story wins the contest despite some glaring error, will there be an opportunity for the author to fix anything in the text before the story is read?

Also, even if the answer is "Yes" I assume that will be at the editor's discretion by that point - not the author's last-minute attempt to re-draft.

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!
eytanz

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2016, 03:43:07 AM »

I assume the answer to this question is "No," but...

I know we submitted these "as is" for the voting, but if a story wins the contest despite some glaring error, will there be an opportunity for the author to fix anything in the text before the story is read?

Also, even if the answer is "Yes" I assume that will be at the editor's discretion by that point - not the author's last-minute attempt to re-draft.

Once the winners are selected, they are treated as any other story accepted for publication in the podcast. Which means that it's entirely possible for the author to make suggestions to the editors if they feel that there's something in the submitted version that needs correcting, and it's up to the editors to decide whether or not they are willing to publish the story with the changes or not (and if they say no, it's up to the author to decide whether to agree to publish unrevised, make another suggestion, or withdraw the story, etc.).

I cannot speak for the EP editors as to what they'll feel is reasonable for contest entries - my involvement with the contest ends with the final round - but I know that in the recent pseudopod contest, there were some minor changes between the podcast version of the stories and the contest version.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: