Author Topic: CoW Ep. 301: Ana’s Asteroid  (Read 3032 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: May 01, 2018, 05:34:45 PM
Cast of Wonders 301: Ana’s Asteroid

• Author: M.K. Hutchins
• Narrator: Alethea Kontis
• Host: Alexis Goble
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 301: Ana’s Asteroid is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 301

M.K. Hutchins regularly draws on her background in archaeology when writing fiction. Her YA fantasy novel Drift was both a Junior Library Guild Selection and a VOYA Top Shelf Honoree. Her short fiction appears in Podcastle, IGMS, Daily Science Fiction, and elsewhere. A long-time Idahoan, she now lives in Utah with her husband and four children. Find her at www.mkhutchins.com.

New York Times bestselling author Alethea Kontis is a princess, a voice actress, a force of nature, and a mess. She is responsible for creating the epic fairytale fantasy realm of Arilland, and dabbling in a myriad of other worlds beyond.

Her award-winning writing has been published for multiple age groups across all genres. Alethea also narrates for ACX, IGMS, Escape Pod, PseudoPod, and Cast of Wonders. Born in Vermont, Alethea currently resides on the Space Coast of Florida with her teddy bear, Charlie.

Find out more about Princess Alethea and the magic, wonderful world in which she lives here at her Patreon, or follow her on Twitter.

I raced Cornelius home after school, through the corridors of the Platinum Phoenix. He took the right hand side, I took the left. The dents in stainless steel walls made our reflections wobble.

“I’ll beat you this time!” Cornelius called from behind. He was eleven — two years younger than me.

I laughed. “I doubt — ”

But my feet slipped out from under me. I skidded across the floor. Like all the other kids on this asteroid mining colony, my clothes were sewn from surplus mylar blankets — slick stuff. I crashed into a sealed-off door. There were plenty of unused corridors like that, leftover from better days when the Platinum Phoenix actually had passengers.

Tags: Alethea Kontis, Alexis Goble, asteroid mining, Cast of Wonders, courage, family, Jeremy Carter, M K Hutchins, Science Fiction, scifi, space, survival, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:54:10 AM by Bdoomed »