Author Topic: SoCon 2007 - Atlanta, GA  (Read 15796 times)

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
on: January 05, 2007, 02:28:05 AM

SoCon 2007

I've just registered to attend this social media unconference...thing, here at Kennesaw State University.  I'm just a guest for this one, not presenting anything that I know of.  In all honesty I'm not sure what to expect; the schedule's a bit nebulous, and I don't know whether this'll be solid information or just bloggers congratulating themselves for being bloggers. 

But it's local and it's free, and I figure the only way to find out if it's worthwhile is to give it a shot.  I'll be attending the dinner Friday night at the podcasting table, and floating around on Saturday.  If you'll be there too, drop me a line.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:44:53 PM by SFEley »

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

Jim

• HP Lovecraft's 275,892nd biggest fan.
  • Matross
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:53:47 PM
Oh, man, I'll be driving right past it on my way to Florida for vacation.

Steve, any chance you're going to MegaCon in Orlando in February on the following weekend?

My imaginary omnipotent friend is more real that your imaginary omnipotent friend.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:25:39 PM
so close to it, yet so far... miami, but i dont have a car... :(
heh, probably wouldnt have permission to go anyways!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:42:18 PM
Steve, any chance you're going to MegaCon in Orlando in February on the following weekend?
Alas, no.  My con schedule will probably be fairly light this year, as we're saving our pennies for Worldcon in Japan.

Ryuujin

Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:16:38 PM
Well, now I'm really envious. :(

oddpod

• Matross
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 11:10:27 PM
nothin fun ever hapens in the UK :(
i am going to the pub for my birthday next satarday thow if any one wants to come

card carying dislexic and  gramatical revolushonery

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 08:51:45 PM
Never mind on this event...  I'm definitely not going to be there on Friday, as I thought it'd be more fun to have a birthday dinner with my friends instead.

I might go on Saturday.  It depends on the mood I'm in earlier in the day, and whether I really want to drive across town to attend talks like "How Web 2.0 Will Affect You" (a.k.a., BullshtTM) or podcasting sessions led by people who don't actually have podcasts.

(Man, I'm really selling this thing well, aren't I?  >8->  Am I just getting too cynical in my old age?)

scottjanssens

• Palmer
Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 01:37:37 AM
nothin fun ever hapens in the UK :(
i am going to the pub for my birthday next satarday thow if any one wants to come

http://contemplation.conventions.org.uk/
http://www.orbital2008.org/