Author Topic: LUCIFER (tv)  (Read 8348 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
on: February 12, 2016, 10:32:00 PM
She's a cop.
He's the Devil.
They fight crime!

::) You get a cool property like DC Comics' Lucifer and your best idea is a police procedural? I am disappoint.

I mean, I enjoyed the pilot, but if it's basically going to be a cop show, I'm out.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

eytanz

Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:06:42 AM
My problem with the pilot was that it was not a very good police procedural. Both cop characters seem to act totally unprofessional. The ex-husband cop seemed to constantly hint at some sort of consequences to the main character cop's pursuing the case, but why? I get that she's not popular, but his whole "don't look into this more deeply" thing implied that there was some sort of dark secret involved which ended up being absent.

And the bad guy seemed to miraculously recover from his gunshot wound just in time for lucifer to punish him. Not to mention that it looks like the police had no problem with lucifer just interfering with the case as he wanted.

It wasn't terrible, and it's only the pilot so maybe these things will get worked out in the future, but for now this seems to me to be totally skipable. At least both lead characters are charismatic and the totally gratuitous little kid was cute.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:57:39 PM
I'm hoping they made it a procedural just to get it on teevee, and that they're going to subvert the fuck out of it and take it somewhere weird and awesome.

Also, I like the Lucifer character, but he's absolutely not the character created by Neil Gaiman in the pages of The Sandman. He abandoned Hell and opened a club in Los Angeles, but the similarities end there.

eytanz

Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 10:10:53 PM
Also, I like the Lucifer character, but he's absolutely not the character created by Neil Gaiman in the pages of The Sandman. He abandoned Hell and opened a club in Los Angeles, but the similarities end there.

Yeah, no kidding.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 05:45:33 PM
Season 2 is a marked improvement over the first. They've subverted the cop show format and are going weird with it.

eytanz

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:32:56 PM
Coincidently, I started watching season 2 today. I only watched the first episode which was ok, though as usual with the first series, the characters are more entertaining than the police mysteries they're trying to solve.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 02:28:48 PM
I had the exact opposite reaction. I'm truly hating season 2. The Mom storyline doesn't work for me and I find the character insufferable. Although this week's episode was an improvement.

Still, the sooner we get her out of the picture the better. She's just.. too cartoonish, or something. I don't know what it is about her but every word out of her mouth just makes me roll my eyes.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 02:03:04 AM
Oh. Well. Tonight's episode just made this season 375% more interesting.

I'm in.

Playing up the drama is a good call (also they've moved away from the Mom storyline somewhat thank goodness. Intolerable).

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 05:10:37 PM
I've had to push this one to the back burner for the time being - spent a couple weeks catching up season 1 of Supergirl on Netflix so I can pick up season 2, and recent weeks catching up all four current CW comic book shows (Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and Legends) as well as being forced to stay no more than 4 weeks behind on Gotham because Hulu only keeps the last five episodes.
I'm only a week behind on the CW shows now and still have three or four unwatched episodes of Gotham so maybe in the next month or so I'll be able to pick up Lucifer again.

ronaldTix

• Extern
Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 01:02:35 PM
Lucifer started to get boring.  It became a bit of "too little, too late".  But Im glad Netflix picked it up though.

rodrigo_x

• Extern
Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 01:39:56 AM
I'm enjoying :)