Author Topic: CoW Ep. 031: Inksucker  (Read 2351 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: February 16, 2016, 05:43:25 PM
Episode 31: Inksucker by Aidan Doyle

Today we present Inksucker by Aidan Doyle. Aidan is an Australian writer and computer programmer who loves travelling and has visited more than 70 countries. His experiences include teaching English in Japan, interviewing ninjas in Bolivia and going ten-pin bowling in North Korea. The majority of Inksucker was written during a 51-hour ferry ride from Osaka to Shanghai; it was originally published in the Worlds Next Door anthology and was shortlisted for the prestigious Aurealis Award. Aidan is currently working on a zombie novel set in Japan. You can find out more about him online.

Your narrator is Danielle Daly, who last read for us in Episode 27, My Boogie Man.

Click here to listen to Episode 31

Tags: Aidan Doyle, Cast of Wonders, Dani Daly, Modern Fantasy, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:01:37 PM by danooli »

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 03:28:01 PM
This one's got a lot of great worldbuilding, but what put this one over the top was the narration and production. The part of the store without punctuation was delightful!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 03:59:03 PM
Wow, thank you Fenrix! I am the narrator on this, and it was one of my favorite stories to read. I had a ton of fun with it so I am thrilled you liked it!