Author Topic: Just wanted to say thanks!  (Read 2750 times)

The Finn

• Extern
on: May 21, 2016, 05:24:36 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at Escape Artists for providing the audio amusement that kept me going through my first Half-Marathon and a lot of the training that lead up to it.  I was a die-hard music while running kinda guy until I hit the slow long runs a few months ago.  I think I've listened to every episode of Escape Pod over the last couple of years, but I just started listening to Pseudopod.  Didn't think I'd like listening to horror, but I've been proven totally wrong so far, so much so that I listened to Episodes 487, 486, and 485 (I'm working backwards) during my race today!

-John

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 01:24:57 PM
Keep up the marathon work! Everyone's a winner with Gibson stories. Would love to hear what you think as you wander farther back into the catalog.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 02:22:42 PM
Welcome to the fun and games!

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:40:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback! It's wonderful to hear you're enjoying the stories.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 06:13:55 PM
I was commuting between Seattle and Portland every week when I discovered that stories pass the time better than music does. I started with CD audiobooks from the library, and when I started looking into podcasts Escape Pod was my first.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising