Author Topic: Donation by mail checks not cashed  (Read 6360 times)

john2two

• Extern
on: June 17, 2016, 02:42:29 PM
I'm trying to send you money, but the checks aren't getting negotiated. 

For my own reasons, PayPal subscription is not working for me.  I set up my credit union's billpay system to send you checks every month to the PO box in Woodstock GA, but those checks aren't getting negotiated.  I've emailed the editor@ address a few months ago, and that didn't change things or yield a reply.  Please help me help you.

John

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:27:56 PM
I'll check in and see. I believe the PO Box is managed by our contracts queen.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 06:34:42 PM
I have forwarded the message to the Accountant!

john2two

• Extern
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 02:03:47 PM
All checks are still outstanding.  Since this appears to be an ineffective way of supporting you, I think I'm going to stop originating these checks. 

I wish I could get the PayPal subscriptions to work for me, but PayPal doesn't present the option to me when I follow the link on your page.  I suspect that it may be because I don't have a debit card or credit card associated with my PayPal account, just an ACH authorization to my checking account.  I have looked through PayPal's FAQs several times for clues about why this option is not available to me, but I guess this question is not asked frequently enough.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 03:02:58 PM
Have you considered Dwolla?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

john2two

• Extern
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 01:29:13 PM
I first became aware of the Dwolla alternative last week when I checked on this thread.  I'm glad to hear that there is another way.  I expect to sign up and work that avenue.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 06:19:28 PM
Thank you for your tenacity! :)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 11:07:04 PM
john2two, if you do sign up with Dwolla and you want to receive the extra content we sometimes send to donators, please send us your details using this form for Dwolla donators.

john2two

• Extern
Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 02:19:36 PM
A minute ago I sent my first Dwolla donation.  Funds should be in your Dwolla account now. Monthly subscription to begin next month. 

I see that in the last few weeks your accountant has found and negotiated 2 of the 7 outstanding checks I sent through that billpay system.  Yay, you!  The checks include a printed notice that they are void 90 days after issue, but if you find the older ones within the next couple months I won't challenge them if they post to my account.

Kibitzer, thanks for the reminder about the Dwolla subscribers form for extras.