Author Topic: Bonus content  (Read 8752 times)

Not-a-Robot

on: July 30, 2016, 08:17:07 PM
So, how does the bonus content work exactly? I'm subscribed to Escape Pod, but I really listen to all of the casts and hope my (very tiny) donation is spread like flavor-enriching butter over all of the podcasts. Does this mean that if I want the Pseudopod bonus content that I have to subscribe to PP too, or cancel EP and subscribe to PP? Or subscribe to both? And, anyways, how do I get the bonus content? I'm so confused.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:34:34 PM by Not-a-Robot »

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:19:04 PM
Subscriptions are split between all casts - any subscriber will get bonus content.

Despite our best intentions, bonus content has not been deployed yet.  :-[

Coming soon! You will be awash in extra material!

Uncanny Valley

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 01:13:04 PM
Will we get an email to our PayPal address as to how to access it?

I would donate regardless, but hey, bonuses are cool!

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 02:41:17 PM
Something like that - emails with links. That's one of the current kinks (unintentional rhyme)

Not-a-Robot

Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 06:53:39 PM
You will be awash in extra material!

Awash me away!

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 09:15:03 AM
Hi, folks!

This is to update you on the Pseudopod "Century of Horror" or "Extrusions" bonus content.

The first instalment has just gone out via email to current Pseudopod subscribers. Why not to all Escape Artists subscribers? Well, because "Pseudopod is for mature audiences only. Hardly any story on Pseudopod is suitable for children. We mean this very seriously."

Whilst this may or may not be a problem for subscribers to Escape Pod, PodCastle or Mothership Zeta, it very definitely could be a problem for Cast of Wonders subscribers. Cast of Wonders is for young adults and we don't think automatically sending horror content their way is appropriate.

We're happy to share the content outside of Pseudopod but we do need some checks and balances. Please contact support@escapeartists.net with the subject "Extrusions" if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:17:46 AM by kibitzer »

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 10:27:16 PM

The first instalment has just gone out via email to current Pseudopod subscribers. Why not to all Escape Artists subscribers? Well, because "Pseudopod is for mature audiences only. Hardly any story on Pseudopod is suitable for children. We mean this very seriously."

To underline the "We mean this very seriously", someone asked on Twitter the other day about recommendations for children. I had to scroll back through episodes to 375: The Signalman (2.5 years ago) before I found anything safe.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Tim Tylor

• Palmer
Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 05:14:32 AM
Kicking myself for not subscribing earlier. Will there be another chance to catch the first of the Century series?

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 01:11:46 AM
If you're subscribed now, you should be able to catch them all. We're ramping up with releasing some that were scheduled for earlier this year.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Tim Tylor

• Palmer
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 06:06:00 AM
Thanks! Looking forward to them, and to Halloween  :)

Tim Tylor

• Palmer
Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 05:38:28 AM
Has there been any bonus content for October and November? No worries if not, just wanted to check in case I'm losing emails - I've been subscribed since the end of September and haven't been sent any links yet.

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
We're still working the kinks out! Sorry - coming very soon (and yes, it will be a backlog of material)