Author Topic: Announcing assistant editors Dani Daly and Katherine Inskip!  (Read 4882 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Announcing assistant editors Dani Daly and Katherine Inskip!

Things have been quieter than I’d like lately at Cast of Wonders. Part of that has been some behind the scenes changes. Our good friend Jeff Hite has stepped away from the show to spend more time with his family and his own writing career, and we wish him all the best.

In addition, I am thrilled to announce that two long time and hard working members of the team will be stepping up into assistant editor roles. A giant hug and welcome to Dani Daly and Katherine Inskip!

Dani has been involved with Cast of Wonders in various roles since it’s inception in 2011. In fact, she’s the only member of the team who predates me!
She narrates stories, reads slush, is the community manager on our forum and now is overwhelmingly proud to take on the role of co-assistant editor.

Dani says fiction, especially fantasy, science fiction and weird stories, has been important in her life since she was a child. So while she works with numbers all day to keep the lights on at home, it’s always been words and reading that kept the light on in her heart and mind. She also narrates audiobooks through ACX.

Katherine teaches astrophysics and spends her (infrequent) spare time populating the universe with worlds of her own. She is a mother to two delightful boys, narrates for a variety of podcasts, and says she wishes she’d started slush reading decades ago.

You can full bios, and Twitter links, for both Dani and Katherine on the About Us page.
—Marguerite

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 10:20:17 PM
Heya, giant congratulations to you Dani and Katherine! Hope you have helping steer the CoW :)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 11:09:27 AM
Hooray and congratulations!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

shanehalbach

• Matross
  • Clockwork Lasercorn
    • shanehalbach.com
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:55:44 PM
Yay, congratulations!

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 10:22:28 PM
Thanks all!  I am beyond excited to be given this opportunity. I love Cast of Wonders so much, this is a dream come true. Jeff was a fantastic AE, and I am sure Marguerite, Katherine and I can continue to bring you all some fantastic and wondrous audio YA fiction :-D

(In case you didn't know...danooli = Dani Daly  ;) )