Author Topic: PseudoPod 10th Anniversary Celebration  (Read 2989 times)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
on: August 20, 2016, 04:18:18 PM
We’re celebrating our 10th Anniversary this year. For details, check out our Year10 page.

The teaser is up now.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 07:20:17 PM
It is worth mentioning here that the Kickstarter is live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1013714773/pseudopod-year-10

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Trivia

• Extern
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:43:00 PM
As much as I would love to back and get one of those lovely, lovely mugs, I find the shipping costs a bit excessive. It feel very alienating for those of us less fortunate folk in Eastern Europe and other places, for whom 50$ shipping plus 50$ pledge equals a quarter of monthly salary or more. Was there really no cheaper option for the shipping?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:29:13 PM
Trivia, quoted from the comments section of the kickstarter, a very helpful backer, Professor Stephen Candy

While I've got the comments section to myself, I am going to chime in on international shipping costs. It may appear expensive to pay $50 shipping for a $40 mug, but remember this is a fragile ceramic item. I have received every mug Horror in Clay have made and they have all arrived almost comically well packaged. (Think unpackaging a museum exhibit's packing crate in an Indiana Jones type film.) This means I have never had the sadness of a broken item arriving. Then there's the fact that posting stuff across an ocean just COSTS A LOT THESE DAYS! There's no getting away from the fact that it's just a pricey thing to do.

A final word, for my fellow international backers (of which I hope there will be many): Please do your homework on import taxes, VAT and similar for your country. It is possible that you may be liable for duty, tax or fees on items imported. (For example, in the UK anything over $20 in value attracts VAT at 20% plus an £8-£12 handling fee.) If you know in advance at least it's not a shock if it happens on delivery. These fees and taxes aren't down to the shipping agent or the creator, it's simply the tax law of your land. (Don't tell the revenue men, but sometimes they miss items and the tax isn't charged - however you can't guarantee this.)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 10:30:50 PM
As a side note, in my current financial state, those shipping costs and potential taxes would most likely prevent me from getting a mug, but I would still back the project what I could because I love Pseudopod! :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?