Author Topic: Pseudopod 514B: Halloween Parade 2016  (Read 2304 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: November 02, 2016, 01:29:40 AM
Pseudopod 514B: Halloween Parade 2016

Happy Halloween!

This year’s Halloween Parade by Alasdair Stuart is being released as a bonus episode.

Check out his blog at http://alasdairstuart.com/ follow him on twitter @AlasdairStuart and grab a copy of his book The Pseudopod Tapes Volume 1 and preorder Volume 2 by backing the kickstarter campaign.

Pseudopod wants to congratulate Karen Bovenmyer on receiving the Mary Shelley Scholarship from the Horror Writers Association.

Lisa Morton, HWA President, said “We believe these recipients represent the future of the horror genre, and we’re very proud to be able to assist them in reaching their educational and professional goals,” Applicants to the scholarships were required to submit educational plans and/or essays, which were evaluated by committees. This year marks the third year that HWA has provided scholarships. The scholarships will re-open to applicants in early 2017.

Karen Bovenmyer earned an MFA in Creative Writing: Popular Fiction from the University of Southern Maine. She teaches and mentors students at Iowa State University and serves as the Nonfiction Assistant Editor of Escape Artists’ Mothership Zeta Magazine. Her short stories and poems appear in more than 30 publications and her first novel will be available Spring 2017.  Listen for a story from her on Pseudopod in early 2017. Halloween is also her birthday, so go congratulate her, wish her a happy Halloween, wish he a happy birthday, and go read her personal essay up on our kickstarter today.

For more information on HWA’s scholarships, please visit http://www.horrorscholarships.com. Complete biographies of all the 2016 winners may be found at http://horrorscholarships.com/former-recipients/.

PseudoPumpkin carved by frequent and amazing narrator Ant Bacon.

Halloween Parade music is “Depraved are Lurking” by Terrortron (a side project of Anders Manga). Download Terrortron on Bandcamp.

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:34:34 PM
This was a nice, squirrelly monologue.  Thanks, eh.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 03:36:08 PM
I don't think I picked up any of the references, but these are still fun to listen to.

Lacuna

• Extern
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 08:27:59 AM
Loves the parade as always but wondered if there was a list of characters this year? I like to try and guess at them and want to know how right I was