Author Topic: Dwolla chgs taking effect 12/7/16  (Read 4218 times)

john2two

• Extern
on: November 15, 2016, 02:11:06 PM
Since y'all are Dwolla users, someone within EA recently got notified by Dwolla (as did the rest of us) that they are making significant changes to take effect 12/7/16.  My reading of the announcement is that I will no longer be able to Send my subscription payments to you through Dwolla after that point.  It sounds to me like they are shifting the role of originating sends and requests to "partners" and "alternative platforms".

I will await guidance from you folks about how to continue using Dwolla to pay for my excellent SF pods.

John

Excerpt from the notification email:

fter Dec 7, 2016, your Personal account can still be used to:

Make a payment when money is requested from you
    Receive and ‘Withdraw’ funds when money is sent to you
    Make purchases from businesses, nonprofits or governments using Dwolla’s ecommerce checkout flow
    Monitor your application permissions, pay through third-party applications, and grant access to new applications
    Access your account history

After Dec 7, 2016, the following account features will be removed from your dashboard and mobile applications.

The ‘Add money’ button
    The ‘Send’ or ‘Request’ buttons
    The ability to create and collect payments via your Hub page and Dwolla Forms.
    Please review our FAQ to learn more about additional features that may or may not be impacted.

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:40:37 PM
Hi there:)

Thanks for this. We'll look into the new procedures and find out how we need to change things around then let the listeners know. Appreciate the heads up:)

john2two

• Extern
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:32:22 AM
Today's reminder from Dwolla notes a relevant detail that I don't think they included in the earlier notification:
Dwolla will honor scheduled payments or recurring requests until cancelled or their scheduled end-date, if created prior to December 7, 2016. After December 7, 2016, Personal accounts will be unable to schedule payments or recurring requests.

That takes the pressure off me for the moment, since my schedule still has a few months to run.  Others may be facing earlier drop-off dates.

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:15:53 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for the update on this, it helps immensely. We've got enquiries in place to find out more and to look at alternate funding sources to Dwolla as well. As soon as we know more, we'll be letting folks know.

john2two

• Extern
Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 01:51:52 PM
So, how ya' coming on this?  We're now several months downstream from this change.  The recurring payment I set up through Dwolla is about to end, and I'd like to get something similar going, but have not been able to get PayPal subscriptions to work for me.
John

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 02:01:29 PM
How do you feel about Patreon? https://www.patreon.com/EAPodcasts

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”