Author Topic: The EA Full House  (Read 8932 times)

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
on: November 18, 2016, 12:25:59 AM
No John Stamos here, but...

If you're mildly obsessive, like me, you may have been wondering how many authors and narrators have appeared on all four of our podcasts.  And if you have, I have a partial answer on the Wikia. (This week's Escpae Pod author, Natalia Theodoridou belongs to that club!)

I say partial answer, because I'm sure I'm missing some. If you know who is missing from that list, it's easy enough to add them.

If you have a Wikia account (which is free, and easy to set up), you can just visit the page of your favorite author or narrator and look for the "Add category" button at the end of their article.

Of course, if they don't have an article, yet... you can find out how to remedy that by visiting the pinned post here on the forum, "Escape Artists on Wikia."

Happy hunting!

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

acpracht

• EA Staff
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 04:28:57 AM
This is pure pedantry, but...
Wouldn't this technically be four of a kind?  In poker, a full house is three of a kind + a pair.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 03:05:36 PM
Psssst, I should be on the list as well!  :)

(And, my pedantic side wanted to point out the same thing as acpracht about what hand this was)

But "four of a kind" isn't that catchy of a title.

Maybe "four-bagger", for getting 4 consecutive strikes in bowling, also used for a home run in baseball apparently?  (Well, it probably originated in baseball, given the "bag" probably referring to a base)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 03:15:30 PM
Much pedantry here. A great place to exert pedantic habits is filling out details in the wikia  ;)

Four-bagger doesn't sound as awesome, but Home Run is kinda great.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:53 PM
Much pedantry here. A great place to exert pedantic habits is filling out details in the wikia  ;)

Four-bagger doesn't sound as awesome, but Home Run is kinda great.

I like Home Run, and I am one Escape Pod story away from it in terms of narrations  ;D

dagny

• Hipparch
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 01:00:29 AM
"Home run" is nice; like "hat trick," it's solidly sports-related.

Rachael's going to be joining this club come March.

"Wolfman's got nards!"

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 01:44:12 AM
Rachael's going to be joining this club come March.

I am! I am! :D *does happydance*

I'm also one host spot away from a triple hat trick -- a narration, a story, and a host spot at all 4 'casts! That would be a cool square for my Bingo card. :)

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 01:02:14 AM
Sorry to be away so long - but I do love the Home Run idea. Especially since, if you score a story in each podcast both narrating AND writing, we can call that a Grand Slam!

Tina Connolly

• Extern
    • Tina Connolly
Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 05:44:38 AM
Ah, Rachael, I am *two* host spots away from that triple Grand Slam or quadruple double hat trick or whatever it is.  Game on? :D

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:54:29 PM
Ah, Rachael, I am *two* host spots away from that triple Grand Slam or quadruple double hat trick or whatever it is.  Game on? :D

Well, if you've got three full sets that's a Turkey, like in bowling for three strikes in a row? What could possibly go wrong with mixing hockey, baseball, and bowling analogies?

Tina, you need to host for Pseudopod, right?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:57:20 PM by Fenrix »

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

JoeFitz

• Matross
Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 02:44:06 PM
In baseball, a home run with bases loaded is a grand slam. And 4 runs scored, to boot.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 09:39:40 PM
I haven't even been keeping track of hosting spots - I will definitely need *other* editors to sort that out.

Also, I was pondering a category for collecting "big name" authors we have run; your basic Asimov/Beagle/Butler/Sturgeon types. The double problem there is "what do you call the category" and "how exclusive do you make it?"  If you have a "Hall of Fame" category, do you only include inductees? (And I didn't know about the "MoPOP" thing... ugh.)

I don't have an answer... just musing.

Varda

• Rebound
  • Hipparch
  • Definitely not an android.
Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 10:07:18 PM

Medical Microfiction: Stories About Science
http://rckjones.wordpress.com

acpracht

• EA Staff
Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 09:33:22 PM

Sports night!

Excelsior!

-Adam