Author Topic: VBR  (Read 4890 times)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
on: March 16, 2017, 10:00:43 PM
So when I listen to Escape Pod stories, rather than giving me a total story duration, I get "VBR" instead. I tend to eyeball story durations and compare them to trips so I can consume them in a single sitting. Or to determine if I need to just sit for one more minute so the story can conclude when it has the most impact. Any ideas?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

divs

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:54:00 AM
What interface/platform do you listen on?

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 08:13:44 PM

What interface/platform do you listen on?

MP3 CD player in the car. Haven't tested out if running EP via Google Play and bluetooth produces the same results.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Anthony Creamer

• Matross
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 10:59:45 PM
if you are burning mp3's to a cd can you get a tag editor and manualy input the time somehow before burning it?

*edited for an 'n' that made me sound like an animated redneck possum*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:02:30 PM by Poisonwaters »

Fenrix

• Editor
Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 11:20:44 PM
I generally burn them from ITunes, where I drag'n'drop a bunch of podcasts and chunks of audiobooks to the disc. I like to have a variety while I'm driving, and I don't want to be fiddling with episode selection on my phone. I'm not quite savvy enough with voice commands to order my podcatcher around.

I could always change episode titles to include the end timestamp. That might work to address my need to see when the end is.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 12:43:30 PM
Escape Pod is missing metadata pieces that I have to manually enter to get sorting to work, but I have asked several times and have pretty much given up