Escape Artists

News:

• The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

News

The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

Author Topic: Scam alert - fraudulent email from escape artists  (Read 3267 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: September 26, 2018, 09:28:11 PM
We’ve become aware that an individual using the name "Audrie Stroud" is contacting artists and authors claiming to be a “creative editor and sourcer” for Escape Artists. The email we’re aware of requested the recipient’s freelance rates, and offered a permanent, full time position.

We do not know who this individual is, and they are not acting in our name. We’re disgusted our name is being hijacked in such a manner, and our hearts go out to any creatives contacted.

The email was sent out using a gmail account. Please be aware that all official @EAPodcasts correspondence will come from either a show address (e.g. @podcastle.org ) or an @escapeartists.net  address.

If you’ve received a similar message from this person, or a similar sounding request, please get in touch at owners@escapeartists.net

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:57:15 PM
It's like my beloved Escape Artists is joining the big-league. Its success has attracted the attention of the cybernetic-bottom-feeders.
Grim.  :(

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.