Author Topic: Has Drabblecast been abandoned?  (Read 6288 times)

Eager_Wombat

• Extern
on: June 23, 2017, 06:56:33 AM
Hi guys and girls,

My apologies if I have missed something obvious but does anyone know if The Drabblecast has been abandoned?  I was reviewing my donation of late and noticed there hasn't been an episode, website update or any kind of communication at all from the good Drabblites since January.  I'm hoping everything is ok, especially given Norm left E.P. a little while back.

Anyone have an inside info that can be shared?  Hope they return, but still accepting donations without any kind of communication is a little on the iffy side.

Cheers

Marguerite

• Editor
    • Cast of Wonders
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 10:00:25 AM
Hi guys and girls,

My apologies if I have missed something obvious but does anyone know if The Drabblecast has been abandoned?  I was reviewing my donation of late and noticed there hasn't been an episode, website update or any kind of communication at all from the good Drabblites since January.  I'm hoping everything is ok, especially given Norm left E.P. a little while back.

Anyone have an inside info that can be shared?  Hope they return, but still accepting donations without any kind of communication is a little on the iffy side.

Cheers

Hello there, Marguerite here. We don't have any more information about the current situation at Drabblecast than you do, I'm afraid. I know Norm is juggling a lot of plates right now, but without his permission it's not really for us to go into any further detail. I'm assuming you've already reached out to the show directly? Hopefully Nathan or another member of the Drabble crew can get back to you with more information soon.

Thanks so much,
---Marguerite

Alea Iacta Est!

Eager_Wombat

• Extern
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 01:38:42 PM
Hi there Marguerite,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate you letting me know what you are aware of at this time.  First and most importantly I hope Norm is well and everything is ok, but its a shame that so many people have been left more or less in limbo.  The DC forums are a ghost town with the same questions posted.  If it were any other site that didn't pride itself so much on professionalism and high standards I wouldn't mind so much but no communication at all and still allowing people to spend money given the circumstances is pretty off.

Anyway, I know none of this is your fault nor anyone else here.  Thanks for the info.

Have a nice day :)

Varsha

• Palmer
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:30:15 PM
I just miss listening to Drabblecast, it was always excellent, the 100 word stories, 100 character ones, music etc

I hope nothing bad happened.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 02:25:22 AM
Hope springs eternal...

Norm Sherman‏
@TheDrabblecast
Following
More
*claws skeletal hand from below rich loamy top soil*  *resets forgotten twitter password* 
Hey folks.  Missed you weirdos.
3:19 AM - 11 Jul 2017

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 12:11:10 AM
Check out the new developments. Rev. June, 2018.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 09:59:31 PM
Listen to the re-pre-launch episodes on Drabblecast.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

kurniadimartin

• Palmer
    • Instagram
Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 05:02:00 AM
I think they are still alive. There's no news about it being abandoned, at least until today, 28 August 2019.