Author Topic: Two suggestions for Escape Pod  (Read 2892 times)

GrantHenninger

• Extern
    • The Weblog of Grant Henninger
on: September 14, 2007, 06:55:20 PM
Steve,

Two quick suggestions for Escape Pod:
1) Can you link to the forum discussion from the show notes?  It would make them easier to get to.  I know that Joomla has a way to make forum posts into the comment section of blog posts, instead of having two places to comment on the stories.

2) Could we have two separate discussions for each story?  One to discuss the story itself and one to discuss the intro and other related things to the story.  It's not that I don't want to discuss your personal life (I know you weren't the one that brought it up and pulled the discussion away from the story) but when I want to discuss the character development, plot and other things related to the story itself I find those conversations distracting.  For example, this week I want to discuss what you said in your intro but I don't want to pull the discussion away from the story to discuss (or start a flame war on) religion vs. science. 

Anyways, just two suggestions that I think would improve the discussion about the stories on Escape Pod.

While I'm at it, and since I'm new to the forums, I would like to say how much I enjoy listening to Escape Pod.  I've been listening to it since near the beginning, on and off, and it makes my commutes much more enjoyable.  Please keep up the good work.

Grant Henninger
http://grant.henninger.name

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:48 PM
Man, someone wants to double my workload around here. 

The one thing about the forums is you don't know where things are going to go.  That really burns some people, but I love it.  Just go ahead and post what you want.  I've seen four totally different arguements weave in and out of eachother in a thread.