Author Topic: OMFG  (Read 26900 times)

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
    • My website: awesomeology.org
Reply #75 on: September 07, 2007, 10:28:18 PM
Something to look forward to.

A couple of weeks ago I got to spend the night in the hospital with my two-year-old daughter.  She and her brother were riding their bikes in the park.  He went racing down a hill and she went racing after him.  The scream of, "slow down!" fro dad was totally ignored.  She got going to fast, wobbled, and fell flat on her face.  Bike helmets are a wonderful thing.  No internal head injury, but she got her nose and lip scraped up and her teeth cut into her lip.  Anyway lots of blood and screaming.

Fast forward.  Called Grandmom to watch the boy and took her to the ER.  They kept her overnight to check for an abdomen injury.  We came home the next day, but she wanted me to hold her hand all night while she was hooked up to the monitor.

She's absolutely fine now.  No internal injuries of any sort and her scrapes are all gone except for a little raw patch on her lip that will be gone in a week or so. 

It's all part of the package of being a parent.  Enjoy!

Wow. I'm glad everything turned out relatively okay Russel. [mental note: encase children in bubble wrap with an oxygen tank and/or straw]

Russell Nash

Reply #76 on: September 21, 2007, 02:29:48 PM
Here's one where I'm sure we can get fifty-thousand stories.  Beware of people giving advice.  The ones who are quickest to give it are the ones you shouldn't listen to. 

Look at other peoples' kids.  When you see a kid acting the way you want your kid to act, talk directly to the primary care-giver (traditionally mom, but more and more dad or the Mexican nanny) about it.

The quickest advice will always come from the dad who has nothing to do with the kids and those will also be the kids who seem to be a totally lost cause.

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
    • My website: awesomeology.org
Reply #77 on: October 02, 2007, 03:31:08 AM
Spent 2 of the last 4 days in the ER for about a total of 20+ hours. Long story short, my GF is gonna be in bed packed with laxatives and narcotics for the next 5 months. Feels like I've just begun the journey of a thousand miles. One step after the next I reckon.