Author Topic: CoW Ep. 275: Perdita, Meaning Lost  (Read 3534 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: October 16, 2017, 11:28:07 AM
Perdita, Meaning Lost

Content Warning: miscarriage
• by Edd Vick
• Narrated by Mary Murphy
• Audio production by Jeremy Carter
• Guest host Katherine Inskip
A Cast of Wonders original!
Read along with the text of the story
Click here to listen to Episode 275

Edd Vick, the son of a pirate, is a recovering Texan now living in Seattle. He is a bookseller whose library is a stuffed three-car garage. His stories have appeared in Analog, Asimov’s, Year’s Best SF, and about forty other magazines and anthologies.

Mary Murphy is an actress/voice-over artist based in Brooklyn, NY. Narration/Audio Drama highlights include audiobooks for Audible & Dreamscape, an audio drama of Dracula by QuickSilver, and the award-winning children’s audio series Billy Brown. Currently she can be heard voicing the role of Dashi on Disney Junior’s Octonauts, voicing multiple roles for PBS Kids’ Past/Present, and voicing several characters for the series Muzzy in the US. She also performs regularly in radio theatre and can be heard on the Fireside Mystery Theatre podcast and Midnight Shorts Series. You can find her on Soundcloud.

When Ailsa and her husband the King lost their firstborn daughter to the fairy maid who spun gold from heather, they were broken in heart and sought their child in every way they knew. They offered rewards, they sent freemen and peasants to scour the country, diplomats and spies to seek her in other lands, and rogues and privateers to search the seas. They consulted witches and wizards, wise crones and learned fools, and even a talking horse; who truth to tell was not nearly so intelligent as he claimed.

Tags: Cast of Wonders, changeling, Edd Vick, Faery, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, lost child, Mary Murphy, seeking, Young Adult fiction

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:30:37 PM
Katherine's endcap was very brave and provided an entirely new perspective on the story. Thanks for breaking the society of silence.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”