Author Topic: Your favorite non EA podcasts  (Read 7216 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: November 12, 2017, 06:52:18 PM
That we're all here means we love one or more of the Escape Artists podcasts. But you probably have other favorites too - here's the thread to share them and discover new podcasts from other people's favorites!

Any type of podcasts count - story podcasts of course, but tell us your favorite educational podcasts, or ones about your hobbies and interests.

My list
Story podcasts: Lightspeed, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Drabblecast (RIP?)
NPR: This American Life, Radiolab, Invisibilia, More Perfect (supreme court history).

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:59:09 AM
Some of my favorites get deep into crunchy analysis of literature and film. I enjoy discussion of the minutiae that make up stories. These include:

Faculty of Horror
The Know Fear Cast
H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast
A Podcast to the Curious
The Tolkien Professor
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:21:58 AM by Fenrix »

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

jrderego

• Hipparch
  • Writer of Union Dues stories (among others)
    • J. R. DeRego - Writer
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:38:01 PM
Kurt Vonneguys
Kaijucast
The Great War Podcast
Comedy Button
How did this get Made

"Happiness consists of getting enough sleep." Robert A. Heinlein
Also, please buy my book - Escape Clause: A Union Dues Novel
http://www.encpress.com/EC.html

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:02:22 PM
Decoder Ring Theater  kind of like old time radio shows along lines of the Shadow.  There are usually at least two Character arcs going.  The Red Panda (very much a the Shadow type character)  and Black Jack Justice (think mickey spilane or other noir detective.)

Moritz

• Lochage
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 10:58:21 AM
Fiction:
- The Magnus Archives (British horror shorts with a bit of metaplot)
- Welcome to Nightvale (disguised as a local radio station - comedic/absurd weirdness with a pinch of horror)

Non-Fiction:
- Deutschland Funk: Eine Welt (German NPR "one world" - news about other countries)
- Luftpost ("air mail" - a German student interviews people about their travels. includes an episode with me ;) )
- Cracked Podcast (comedy writers talking about weird history, media, and society)
- Freakonomics Radio (a journalist and an economist try to explain stuff; based on a book series by the same guys)
- Writing Excuses (four successful authors from different genre styles discuss how to write)
- Oh No Ross and Carrie (Ross and Carrie join cults or try out paranormal stuff and report on it)
- New Books in Anthropology (authors are interviewed about their research - easier to digest than reading those books)

jrderego

• Hipparch
  • Writer of Union Dues stories (among others)
    • J. R. DeRego - Writer
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 01:57:24 AM
I like Last Podcast on the Left, The Dollop, Kaijucast, and Joe Rogan's Podcast. Sometimes Cracked podcast, The First World War Podcast, and Comedy Button.

"Happiness consists of getting enough sleep." Robert A. Heinlein
Also, please buy my book - Escape Clause: A Union Dues Novel
http://www.encpress.com/EC.html

cvaughan

• Extern
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 05:03:56 PM
levar burton reads