Author Topic: CoW Ep. 309: The Moon, the Sun and the Truth  (Read 2507 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: June 25, 2018, 11:21:40 AM
Cast of Wonders 309: The Moon, the Sun and the Truth

• Author: Victoria Sandbrook
• Narrator: Alexis Goble
• Host: Alexis Goble
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Cast of Wonders 309: The Moon, the Sun and the Truth was first printed in Shimmer, Issue 38 (July/August 2017)
Click here to listen to Episode 309

Victoria Sandbrook is a fantasy writer, freelance editor, and Viable Paradise XVIII graduate. You can find her work at Shimmer, in Sword & Steam Short Stories, and now on Cast of Wonders. She is an avid hiker, sometimes knitter, long-form talker, and initiate baker. She often loiters around libraries, checking out anything from picture books to monographs. She spends most of her days attempting to wrangle a ferocious, destructive, jubilant tiny human. Victoria, her husband, and their daughter live in Brockton, Massachusetts. She reviews books and shares writerly nonsense online at on Twitter.

Alexis Goble has been a slush reader for Cast of Wonders since the spring of 2015. She’s new to the world of audio, and you may have heard her on previous Cast of Wonders episodes. Alexis is a jeweler and lives with her partner in Cincinnati, OH. You can occasionally find her on Twitter.

Dust rising over the next scrub-covered hill gave away the rider’s position even before the incoming trash-guzzler’s growl settled around Andy’s ears. She waited as patiently as you could on a jittery horse that didn’t know you well, in sun that’d singe any hint of bare skin.

They’d been waiting an hour. Time enough in the desert to dream up how many ways this data drop could go. Could be this rider had the data chip and she’d be drowning her sorrows at the tavern by sunset. Could be he was a Directorship plant and there would be a gun for her.

Tags: Alexis Goble, Cast of Wonders, dictatorship, dystopia, grit, Historical Fantasy, Jeremy Carter, rebels, sacrifice, smuggling, truth, Victoria Sandbrook, western, Young Adult fiction

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 02:37:06 AM
You can't stop the signal.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”