Escape Artists

News:

• The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

News

The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

Author Topic: CoW Ep. 321: The Penelope Qingdom (And Ep. 339!)  (Read 1556 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: September 23, 2018, 11:54:41 AM
Cast of Wonders 321: The Penelope Qingdom

Also, Episode 339! A Staff Pick for 2018! Hosted by narrator and associate editor, Amy Brennan

• Author: Aidan Moher
• Narrator: Andrew K. Hoe
• Host: Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• First published in Mothership Zeta (December 2016)
Click here to listen to Episode 321

Aidan Moher is the Hugo Award-winning founder of A Dribble of Ink, author of  “On the Phone with Goblins” and “The Dinosaur Graveyard,” and a regular contributor to Tor.com and the Barnes & Noble SF&F Blog. He lives on Vancouver Island with his wife and kids, but you can most easily find him on Twitter (@adribbleofink) or his website.

Andrew K. Hoe teaches and practices Choy Li Fut Kung Fu and Tai Chi in Southern California, where he also writes speculative YA fiction. He has been a high school English teacher, an Assistant Language Teacher in Japan, and a college professor. His academic work in children’s literature can be found in The Looking Glass. Follow him online or on Twitter.

It was during the particularly frozen-solid Prince George winter of ’91, a few days after the new neighbours had arrived, that I first stumbled into the Penelope Qingdom.

“What are their names?” I asked my moms as they bustled about the kitchen getting ready. They’d invited themselves next door for a “Welcome to the Neighbourhood” dinner. We’d never had new neighbours before.

“Mr. and Mrs…Qw- Qwing?” said Mom. “They have a daughter. She’s eleven, too, so you’ll probably be in the same class after Christmas break.”

Tags: Aidan Moher, Andrew K. Hoe, Cast of Wonders, childhood, coming to life, friendship, growing up, Jeremy Carter, magic, Marguerite Kenner, Modern Fantasy, paladin, toys, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:30:27 PM by danooli »