Author Topic: Flash: Why I Hate Cake  (Read 20267 times)

Brokensea

• Extern
Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 09:19:18 PM
Thanks for the comments all.  Feedback and hole poking is essential for making sure as a writer I learn stuff.

I've submitted a new story for Pseudopod's consideration so hopefully it suits their tastes as well.

ScottC

• Extern
    • Needcoffee
Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 07:00:17 PM
My God, when the realization came, I expereinced the closest thing to a jump scare while reading a story.   :o

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 12:44:15 AM
The best part of this story for me was I forgot it was a flash piece, and I thought this was Alisdair's anecdotal intro...  :-[

Not until it ended without an actual PP episode following it did I remember it was a flash piece.

Kevin David Anderson

• Palmer
  • "He's Undead, Jim"
    • Kevin David Anderson
Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 01:19:38 AM
Choke.  Retch. 

I may never stop gagging. 

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 03:26:19 PM
The effect of this was lost on me simply because I couldn't believe a person confusing the taste of baby mice for the taste of cake.  I mean, the movement, and crunchy bones, and spurting blood didn't tip the kid off?  And as others pointed out, it didn't make sense to have half-mice in the pantry, as that would imply the mice had been halved before he reached in there.

I did like the phrase "they taste almost exactly like peanut butter doesn’t".  It rather reminded me of the food replicator in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which, no matter what you asked it for, would produce a substance which was "almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea."

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 12:18:13 AM
Hahahaha!  G R O S S ! ! !

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.