Author Topic: CoW Ep. 329: Widow Bones Makes Her Rounds (And Ep. 340!)  (Read 2978 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Cast of Wonders 329: Widow Bones Makes Her Rounds

Also, Episode 341! A Staff Pick for 2018! Hosted by associate editor, Karissa Sluss

• Author: Gretchen Tessmer
• Narrator: Kate Baker
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Host: Karissa Sluss
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 329: Widow Bones Makes Her Rounds is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 329
Click here to listen to Episode 340

Gretchen Tessmer is a writer based in the US/Canadian borderlands of Northern New York. She writes both poetry and short fiction, with work appearing in Nature, Daily Science Fiction and Strange Horizons, among other venues.

Kate Baker is the Podcast Director and Non-fiction Editor for Clarkesworld Magazine. She has been very privileged to narrate over 350 short stories/poems by some of the biggest names in Science Fiction and Fantasy for multiple venues. Kate won the Hugo Award for Best Semiprozine in 2011 and 2013, the British Fantasy Award for Best Magazine in 2014 and the World Fantasy Award for Special Award: Non Professional in 2014 alongside the wonderfully talented editorial staff of Clarkesworld Magazine. Kate is currently situated in Northern Connecticut with her first fans; her wonderful children. She is currently working as the Director of Operations for the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. Follow her online and on Twitter.

With everything that happened, I don’t know that I would describe myself as blooming. Willing, I suppose, and certainly compliant. But a flower doesn’t need to bloom to be plucked.

After all, pretty is as pretty does, my father used to say. He didn’t say much else and I’m not sure if he meant it as a compliment or an insult. I’ve never really understood the phrase anyway. Are we predisposed to act in certain ways? If so, it would be a relief. My actions turned midnight-moon-macabre some time ago and I’d hate to think it’s all my own failing of character.

Tags: Cast of Wonders, Fantasy, ghosts, Gretchen Tessmer, Halloween, Jeremy Carter, Kate Baker, Katrina, Marguerite Kenner, putting to rest, reimagined, sleepy hollow, undead, witch, Women in Horror, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:32:07 PM by danooli »