Author Topic: Kind of a complaint/not exactly a complaint  (Read 3119 times)

Laieanna

• Palmer
on: November 30, 2007, 08:47:11 PM
I'm behind on all my podcasts, including Escape Pod, and I'm trying to catch up.  I'm listening to Episode 132 right now and noticed that this story and the next two are all read by Steve.  Now I love Steve as much as everyone else, but I've noticed he has been reading most of the stories lately.  It just occurred to me that I have a moment of anticipation and excitement when the intro is over and the story is about to begin, and it stems from hearing the first notes of a mysterious voice reading the story.  No offense to Steve, but I like the variety.  There is even a moment after the story is over that I contemplate whether or not the voice fit the story.  Perhaps there is a shortage of good readers.  I'm not exactly complaining, but I would love to hear different readers once again.  Steve does a great job and I'm sure he'd love some of the burden off his shoulders.  So Steve, start pushing stories on grumbling podcasters.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 09:28:32 PM by Laieanna »

Working on my comeback

Laieanna

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:32:08 PM
Well call me an idiot.  I apparently misread something cause here I am listening to Episode 133 and someone else is reading.  Sheesh!  Sorry about that.

Working on my comeback

DDog

• Matross
    • Twitter
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 10:24:55 PM
But it is true that Steve has read several stories almost in a row recently; just, I suppose, not the ones you specified (I'm catching up as well).

Ask a Tranny Podcast
"Watching someone bootstrap themselves into sentience is the most science fiction thing you can do." -wintermute