Author Topic: CoW Ep. 332: Dinovember – The Good, the Bad, and the Utahraptor  (Read 2534 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Cast of Wonders 332: Dinovember – The Good, the Bad, and the Utahraptor

• Author: Jennifer Lee Rossman
• Narrator: Sandra Espinoza
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 332: The Good, the Bad, and the Utahraptor is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 332

Jennifer Lee Rossman is a writer and dinosaur nerd who has never tried to run over anyone in her wheelchair. Not even once. Her debut novella ANACHRONISM is now available from Kristell Ink, an imprint of Grimbold Books.

Sandra is a New York born and raised voice actress with a background in literature and writing. After a childhood where video games were banned from the house, she one-eighty’d so hard she’s finally in them and never leaving.

Some games Sandra’s voiced for include Heroes of Newerth, Marvel’s Avengers Academy and the critically acclaimed Wadjet Eye Games adventure RPG “Unavowed” as Mandana. Catch her on Twitter or Facebook under the handle “DustyOldRoses,” obsessing over good food, good games and the color pink.

No one could say for sure exactly when the dinosaurs started appearing outside the little mining town of Hell Creek, nor where they’d come from. Rumors of cattle found dead with long slashes across their hides went back to the 1850s, but the raptors had been showing up more often in the last few decades, even coming into town when food got scarce.

People said they came from under the ground, down from the depths of Hell itself, and that the miners’ dynamite woke ’em up. Rosita’s abuela said they were descended from some kind of feathered lizard god.

Tags: building trust, Cast of Wonders, cowgirl, desert, dinosaurs, Dinovember, escape, Fantasy, growing up, Jennifer Lee Rossman, Jeremy Carter, Marguerite Kenner, Montana, pack, pursuit, raptor, Rural Fantasy, Sandra Espinoza, train, trick rider, unlikely friendship, Weird Western, wild west, Young Adult fiction

VTDorchester

• Palmer
Oh my!

No one has left a note about this episode?!

I enjoyed it a lot! I do not generally listen to YA (because I'm...not.) but had been randomly downloading various episodes across the escape artist channels a few months ago and this was one of my favourites!

I enjoyed the energy and the weird west setting and I want to thank Mx Rossman and Mx Espinoza for their efforts in writing and performing this story. Thank you!