Author Topic: CoW Eps. 349 & 350: The Last Fifth (Parts 1 & 2)  (Read 1801 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: March 01, 2019, 06:29:50 PM
Episode 349: The Last Fifth (part 1)
Episode 350: The Last Fifth (part 2)

• Author: Naru Dames Sundar
• Narrator: Amin M. Arif
• Host: Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 349 & 350: The Last Fifth is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 349
Click here to listen to Episode 350

The Last Fifth
by Naru Dames Sundar

Anur slumbered under the ledge of the sloping walkway, leaning on the housing of a small flower strewn altar to Ganesh.  Rain plinked onto the jasmine-filled votive bowls that lined the altars on the opposite wall. Anur blinked his eyes open, looking sideways at shafts of light breaking across the falling drops, shimmering gold as they drizzled onto the row of Shiva-lingam jutting out from the wall.  The narrow street still looked dry, yet the rain continued. The voices of two men spoke across the pitter patter of the falling drops.

“Do you trust the buyer, Kalan?  Can he really get Pankaj out of that mountain hell-hole?”

“The buyer has a reputation to uphold, Bale.  And I promised Amma that I would get him out somehow –”

“It leaves us very… exposed.”

“We’re exposed by being who we are, Bala.  All or nothing, my friend, all or nothing.”

Tags: AI, Amin M. Arif, Cast of Wonders, connecting, drones, East Asia, implants, India, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, Naru Dames Sundar, protection, Science Fiction, security, serial, Young Adult fiction