Escape Artists

News:

• The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

News

The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

Author Topic: Looking for a story....  (Read 2105 times)

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
on: February 11, 2019, 10:18:45 PM
I don't remember WHICH of the four podcasts it was on, WHO wrote it, WHAT the title was, or WHEN it was posted, so I CLEARLY remember this story extremely well. ;)

It was either an ekphrasis or something similar....discussing the works of an artist over time, or a specific work...it seems like the painting(s) being discussed revealed truths about the artist, and that was the point of the story.

Ring any bells?

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:23:40 PM
Well, not even the general genre? Were the character revelations positive or negative? PSEUDOPOD recently ran "En Plain Air" about a painter...

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:31:59 PM
It was “Girl in Blue Dress (1881)” by Sunil Patel, read by Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali: episode 425 of Podcastle!

(I finally found the note in OneNote that sparked me to remember.)

I'm getting a 404 for the link, though. :( (http://podcastle.org/story-texts/girl-in-blue-dress-1881-by-sunil-patel/)

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:20:40 AM
You can still listen to it, but the story text pages didn't fare well with the site upgrade: http://podcastle.org/2016/07/19/podcastle-425-flash-fiction-extravaganza-transformations/

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”