Author Topic: CoW Ep. 356: Little Wonders 20 – 2018 Flash Fiction Contest Winners  (Read 2103 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Cast of Wonders 356: Little Wonders 20 – 2018 Flash Fiction Contest Winners

• Authors : R. Jean Bell, Amy Brennan and Wendy Nikel
• Narrators : Roberto Suarez, Marguerite Kenner and Chloë Yates
• Host : Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer : Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 356: Little Wonders 20 – 2018 Flash Fiction Contest Winners are all Cast of Wonders originals
Click here to listen to Episode 356

"An Economy of Words" by Wendy Nikel

Growing up so far from the wordfields, I’ve learned to appreciate the few words I have, so as the fitting for Baron Kensington’s festival garments drag on, I cringe at each wasted remark.

"Bunny" by Amy Brennan

You are crying.

Salty tears dripping into my fur and steaming off in the dry heat.

You hug me tightly, I feel your ragged breathing, your shivers as you hold in the sobs that want to be free.

"The Mud Princess" by R. Jean Bell

The huge stone in the middle of the creek called to Ruby, as it did every summer. Each year she tried to lift it, but she had never been strong enough. Once she even dragged Liam down here, but he couldn’t budge it at all.

Tags: 2018 Flash Fiction Contest, Amy Brennan, border, Cast of Wonders, Chloe Yates, curiosity, escape, heroine, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, Marguerite Kenner, patience, quest, R. Jean Bell, refuse, Roberto Suarez, saving, stuffed animal, Wendy Nikel, Young Adult fiction