Author Topic: PC561: Baby Teeth  (Read 1900 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 14, 2019, 05:41:21 PM

AM Fish

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 12:02:06 AM
This is a very fun story.  Was I supposed to be able to name the monster at the end? I was attempting to put the clues together but ended up without a guess.  Perhaps I need to give it a second listen.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bugrot

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:56:42 PM
Although I'm not really into lycanthropy or similar monsters, I enjoyed this. First, the reader's voice was very clear (unlike another very recent story, which may or may not have been good, as I simply didn't catch half of the words, and gave up after a few minutes - I think the lady reader was Cuban, something like that: it was a couple of days ago, and I have a memory problem). The title was great. The progression of the story was carefully planned, and there were nice touches like the mother's admission she had loved the monster, and the listener's gradual suspicion that this time there's no escaping the inevitable, as the 'change' is too far advanced. And the final glimpse of hope that maybe, just maybe, the new monster will keep her promise to return (and not to devour her mother!).