Author Topic: Voting Rules and Schedule  (Read 19130 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 08:24:21 AM
And the first round is over! I want to thank all the authors who sent us stories! If you've been eliminated already (and some great stories were!) I hope you can make good use of the feedback and that you enjoyed the process.

Authors who made it to the semifinals... Well done! It really shows you have something going for you. But also, brace yourselves. Only about a dozen of the 51 stories in the semis will get into the final round. Just picking between them will be pretty hard.

At some point over the next day semifinalist stories will all vanish from the groups they were originally in, only to reappear over the next few days in one of the four semi-finals groups - with four new gods presiding over them.

FictionPhial

• Hipparch
    • The Fiction Phial
Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 09:58:28 AM
And the first round is over! I want to thank all the authors who sent us stories! If you've been eliminated already (and some great stories were!) I hope you can make good use of the feedback and that you enjoyed the process.

Authors who made it to the semifinals... Well done! It really shows you have something going for you. But also, brace yourselves. Only about a dozen of the 51 stories in the semis will get into the final round. Just picking between them will be pretty hard.

At some point over the next day semifinalist stories will all vanish from the groups they were originally in, only to reappear over the next few days in one of the four semi-finals groups - with four new gods presiding over them.

Woo hooo!
*whispers* I made it....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:53:04 AM by FictionPhial »

"You should promise to do the impossible, because sometimes the impossible was possible, if you could find the right way, and at least you could often extend the limits of the possible.  And if you failed, well, it had been impossible." -- Going Postal

Tiberius

• Extern
Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 03:43:24 PM
Thanks for such a great contest. All the best to everyone in the next round.

FictionPhial

• Hipparch
    • The Fiction Phial
Reply #28 on: June 23, 2019, 10:10:11 PM
Yay, the forum seems to be back up and running!

"You should promise to do the impossible, because sometimes the impossible was possible, if you could find the right way, and at least you could often extend the limits of the possible.  And if you failed, well, it had been impossible." -- Going Postal

Deborah L. Davitt

• Matross
Reply #29 on: June 23, 2019, 11:27:47 PM
Hurray!

NicoleJLeBoeuf

• Matross
Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 01:25:30 AM
Yay, the forum is back! How frustrating for our contest organizers, who are already doing an amazing amount of work, to have to deal with forum bugs on top of everything.

Is it known at this time how this will affect the schedule going forward?

Tiberius

• Extern
Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 05:42:12 AM
Well done to the team for their hard work getting the forums back up. And everyone.....breathe.   :)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
Reply #32 on: June 24, 2019, 07:14:52 AM
Yay for being back online! The contest will continue about 24 hours from now, on June 25th. I'll update the top post on this thread with new date estimates.

FictionPhial

• Hipparch
    • The Fiction Phial
Reply #33 on: June 24, 2019, 08:34:49 AM
Yay for being back online! The contest will continue about 24 hours from now, on June 25th. I'll update the top post on this thread with new date estimates.

Huzzah! Thank you, Ocicat!

NicoleJLeBoeuf

• Matross
Reply #34 on: June 25, 2019, 04:12:02 AM
Thank you! Looking forward to it.

eegorebulbous

• Extern
Reply #35 on: June 27, 2019, 02:27:46 AM
looking forward to reading some of the stories, hopefully this post will get me in :)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
Reply #36 on: November 12, 2019, 10:21:04 PM
And the winners (and also another editor picked story) have been run as Podcastle 600!