Author Topic: Scrivener  (Read 2840 times)

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
on: January 11, 2008, 01:39:49 AM
Scrivener

Is anyone else using it? It's very Mac-like (and Mac only), but I'm finding it best of the getting-out-of-the-way style of text editors. Layout ability is nonexistent (infinite in both directions page), though it does have several basic standard formats for comics, novels, screen/stage/radio -plays. I liked it enough that I paid for it, which as a college student is a rarity with the intangible.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:12:29 PM
Just to bump, and by way of example, here's a screengrab of my current writing environment.

Edit: for some reason attaching the png isn't working, though it's probably my school's VPN messing up the transfer. I'll fix it in about an hour. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:16:57 PM by Heradel »

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:03:27 AM
Yes! I love Scrivener!

I do wish it had slightly stronger support for scripts, plays in particular, but that said I was able to transfer a 10 minute play written in Scrivener over to Move Magic Screenwriter without too much aggravation.

Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness? - Artemus Ward