Author Topic: Help me remember a story?  (Read 4873 times)

TrishEM

• Matross
on: July 09, 2018, 10:01:57 AM
I'm trying to remember the name or author of a story I heard, and I think it was on Escape Pod. It was about a young woman who was having some trouble making decisions, and a bunch of versions of herself from different universes came to visit and helped her to stand up to her mom and others who were trying to run her life. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 10:04:02 AM
Note: I did go back through the archives, into 2013, but I didn't find it, although maybe I skipped past it somehow. It was very interesting to do that -- I was shocked by some stories from 2015 and 2014 that still felt so fresh in my mind that I would have thought they were just from the last year or so.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 10:58:31 AM

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:41:48 AM
Aha, that's it! Thank you!
So, Podcastle instead of Escape Pod. At least I had the right family.

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 08:55:35 PM
New story I need help remembering, but at least I'm pretty sure this one really was Escape Pod. An old story about a retired lawyer or judge who is invited to join a panel of interstellar legal experts, but he can read the cases from the comfort of his cabin. Any ideas?