PseudoPod > About Pseudopod

My Favorite Episodes aka Another "Best of" Thread

<< < (2/2)

Marlboro:
Updating my list from 676 to the current episode 779. I added three episodes:

"The Most Dangerous Game" "Hop Frog" "The Lonesome Place"

And here is where I say goodbye. I'm not enjoying the escape artist's stories much anymore. It's been a very long time since I heard a story that I really loved and the hit to miss ratio has reached a level that it just isn't worth my time to carry on. I have terrible taste in just about everything so don't worry about the quality of your programming. ;)

I do have one criticism though: I think there is too much political stuff in the intros and outros. Everyone has their right to their opinions and the right to express them however they so choose, but I visit the EA site for good stories and not politics. There are innumerable political sites out there if that is what I'm looking for. The great pains taken to find political angles for nearly every story posted whether they have any real political message or not is also an unfortunate choice. Sometimes a werewolf story is just a werewolf story.  The easiest solution, and one that I often availed myself of, is to just skip those parts of the episode. The thing is that over the last several months, as I've found fewer stories here that I like, I have started to ask myself "Was this the best story available, or was this story chosen as an excuse to bring up political topic _____?"

Now that I've got that little complaint out of the way... adios Languorous Lass, Bdoomed, Fenrix and anybody else that my old brain can't recall at the moment - I've enjoyed hanging out with you guys and talking horror stories! Take care.

Sgarre1:
Not sure if you'll see this  but thanks for all the time put in on our product.

To make the point, Alasdair is the host, not the editor/s and I've never met him in real life. We choose to buy the best stories that we think will offer the most variety for the audience while still being good listens. We have to turn down quite a bit. No story is ever chosen with consideration of the hosting segment - and choosing to not listen to the frame seems the right decision if you don't like it (but if you're not listening to it - how do you know it's political? And how can the stories have been chosen for political hosting if you don't know what those contain?) . Outside of that, I can't really speak to the complaint as I can only think of a few episodes I'd consider overtly political within the last few years (actually, outside of "The Great American Nightmare," I can't think of ANY).

But anyway, thanks for all the thought and energy. Glad we could help you make your way through this world for a time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version