Author Topic: Time warp?  (Read 15944 times)

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 02:32:35 AM
I tried to upload my avatar again, but this popped up:
Quote from:  error message
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

Looks like chmod a+rw avatar may be needed.
I don't think there's anything wrong with your avatar.
I'm running firefox and haven't noticed any problems with any avatars.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 03:16:57 AM
I end up seeing this: (or not. Apparently I can't upload/attatch photos.)

Edit: As you can see, some work, some don't. Most don't. Ocicat, Thaur, Chodon, Familyguy, Oddpod and Jim are the only ones I see that work.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:20:09 AM by Heradel »

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 03:23:08 AM
I'm on a different computer altogether now, and it's still the same... so, instead of worrying about it, I shall try to post a) belated dog photo, and b) adorable kid costumes.

TTFN,
T+

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 03:31:49 AM
I emailed Steve about it earlier. It does just seem like someone forgot to just change the permissions on a couple folders, so it should be an easy fix.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 04:04:23 AM
Sorry for the confusion, folks.  What had been going on was that the MySQL server was poorly configured (my fault) and kept crashing out, and I kept ignoring the problem.

Today I spent half a day reinstalling Debian and the Web sites, largely from scratch, and working to get things right this time without screwing around with anything experimental.  So it should be more stable.  But if anyone's still having problems with avatars, please let me know.

Yes, I've been a slacker on the forums.  I've been a slacker on a lot of things lately.  This past week it's severely damaged a lot of things in my life.  I'm working to fix it now, one thing at a time. 

If you're having forum issues, or any other concerns, please PM me.  It'll get a response.  Thanks in advance.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

goatkeeper

Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 04:13:17 AM
u rock steve!

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 04:17:26 AM
Thanks Steve.

FamilyGuy

• Matross
Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 12:25:25 AM
Thanks!!  I get tired just thinking about all you're doing to bring us EP.

I'm such a suck-up.   ;D

When will all the rhetorical questions end?

CammoBlammo

• Matross
Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 01:30:32 AM
Yes, I've been a slacker on the forums.  I've been a slacker on a lot of things lately.  This past week it's severely damaged a lot of things in my life.  I'm working to fix it now, one thing at a time. 

Please, PLEASE tell me getting the avatars working was at the bottom of your list of priorities. Severe Life Damage isn't something to muck around with...

Hope this week goes better.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 01:32:39 AM

Please, PLEASE tell me getting the avatars working was at the bottom of your list of priorities. Severe Life Damage isn't something to muck around with...

Hope this week goes better.

Seconded... and thirded by my lovely bride.  ::)

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 02:19:55 AM
Please, PLEASE tell me getting the avatars working was at the bottom of your list of priorities.

It wasn't at the top of the priority list, but it was a lot faster to fix than some of the other things.  >8->

Thanks, everyone.  I'll have more to say on the subject very soon.  Tonight, though, I'm focusing on getting Escape Pod up on time for a change.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine