Author Topic: Thanks Escape Pod!  (Read 3171 times)

ChiliFan

• Palmer
on: February 09, 2008, 03:27:19 AM
I thought I should register on here and introduce myself. I've been listening to and enjoying Escape Pod for at least several months now. Good work, Steve! I'm a fan of various Sci Fi TV series, including Doctor Who, all versions of Star Trek, Torchwood, both Stargates and several other series. I find that Escape Pod is in a different style from all of these. Obviously, all the stories featured have already been in print or soon will be in one recent case, and there is such a thing as a style of written Sci Fi as opposed to Sci Fi on TV. I seem to have serious problems getting through novels, but I'm trying to get over that with the help of some ebooks, as well often marking where I'm up to with a pencil. I haven't been listening to every single Escape Pod, but I've recently been listening to it more often than I used to. I'm doing a correspondence course in how to become a writer, but this is about writing various genres of stuff, not just Sci Fi and non fiction as well as fiction.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:24:22 AM
Welcome ChiliFan!
What's been your favorite EP so far?
Have you checked out the Writing Forum yet?

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

ChiliFan

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:50:27 PM
Welcome ChiliFan!
What's been your favorite EP so far?
Have you checked out the Writing Forum yet?

I really liked Me and My Shadow, Bright Red Star, Acephalous Dreams, and Death By Flaming Marshmallow. I checked out the Writing Forum some months ago, but didn't really know what to make of it.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:13:40 PM
It's probably a good idea to explore the comments about your favorite stories, and see what others have thought about them.  Maybe once you've gotten to know some of the other participants that way, you'll have a little more context to build on.

And in case you go to make a comment on an older thread and get the "this thread is 120 days or older..." message, we have learned that it's better to go ahead and post to that older thread and revive the conversation than to try to start a new post.   I'm catching up on a lot of older stories, myself, so I'll probably be doing the same thing.  :)

Welcome!

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!