Author Topic: The Magnus Archive  (Read 7284 times)

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
on: June 12, 2020, 08:11:04 PM
Our main man, Alasdair Stuart did some fine, fine narration-work on another publishers' platform, The Rusty Quill. He plays an awful piece of work, named Peter Lukas. My god. Your voice made me want to wash my ears out after each event. And I was thrilled with the Archivist, when he tore Mister Lucas apart.  :o :o :o

Bravo, sir.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Languorous Lass

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 08:21:46 PM
Got a link, Scuba Man?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 09:37:51 PM
Oh, I do. I do. I'm just listening to episode 160.1 (November 19, 2019 [Season 4/5, Q&A, Part 1]), where AS had two technical issues that he had to sort out. Audio files lost. Re-dos. Yikes.

Alex & John (producer [and plays Martin] & writer [plays, The Archivist]) gave Alasdair the title, "The Most Loveliest Man".

Five seasons of goodness, and evilness, and some REALLY disturbing horror. They're on iTunes and Google Play. Here's the link (and don't forget to check out their Magnus-Universe-Wiki [it's deeeeeeeep]): https://play.acast.com/s/themagnusarchives

BTW -  like in the Drabblecast, Rusty Quill does a metacast about audio production and the nuances of producing a honkin-large story arc.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:40:49 PM by Scuba Man »

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Languorous Lass

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 06:48:54 AM
Thanks, Scuba—a wealth of goodness here!

Scuba Man

• Lochage
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 02:23:08 PM
By season 5, this comes across like living nightmares in Sandman, by Neil Gaimen. Bonkers. Absolutely nuts. Episode 163: In The Trenches. It's a monologue from battle-and-era to the next era.  :o :o :o :o

Another edit: MAG Episode 164. The Sick Village. In our current Covid-19 health emergency, it's timely. I've been critical of such warning tags in the past, however, I'd strongly advise my peeps to check out the warning notices... just in case you've been affected by this pandemic. As AS would say, there's some strong meat in these episodes.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 02:38:58 PM by Scuba Man »

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 08:59:43 PM
I'm waiting to see if this ends well. I've heard good things.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 05:19:00 PM
Re: ending well.
I believe you have been on this newsgroup for a while. I'm certain your "ending well" does NOT mean, "a happy ending". Nope nope nope.
Regards from Ontario,
Scuba Man.

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 06:37:20 PM
So it's over? Were you pleased with how things turned out? Worth listening to the whole series?  A guy at my local bookstore is a fan and he recommended it.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 06:59:17 PM
The series is now over. 200 episodes. We do not know the fate of all of our protagonists... and I can live with that.

Calenmir

• Extern
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 02:05:53 AM
BTW have you heard that they're going to do a follow-up series? (including a new Rusty Fears contest which is how I found out go figure)